If we’ve learned anything in the past few years, it’s that nearly anything can happen. But keeping up with industry trends is one of the best ways to prepare for whatever the future may bring.
At Jobvite, we keep our finger on the pulse of talent acquisition to help customers recognize potential opportunities and make the most of them. Our new Top 10 Recruiting Trends for 2022 e-book digs into the important focus areas that we believe will shape the recruiting industry in the coming year. Below is just a sample of the insights you’ll find in the complete e-book.
What Will Impact Recruiting in 2022?
1. The “Great Resignation” and its after-effects: Over the past two years, companies everywhere have felt the impact of the “Great Resignation.” While there’s no telling how long this movement may last, it doesn’t have to stunt your business.
While employee turnover is normal, regardless of economic conditions, the best approach to managing this issue is two-fold:
- Take care of the employees who want to stay with your company long-term. Training, mentorships, and internal mobility are just a few ideas to nurture your most valuable assets. See #3 below for more.
- Minimize the impact of those who choose to depart. Build a strong talent pipeline that you can tap into when the need arises and leverage the power of employee referrals to fill open roles.
2. AI and automation for more “human” recruiting: While artificial intelligence might seem more like sci-fi than reality, the technology is catching up to the hype. Many organizations are turning to automation to streamline the hiring process and relieve recruiters of time-consuming, tedious, and repetitive tasks.
With more time to focus on the high-touch aspects of the job, talent teams are improving efficiency and delivering a better candidate experience. Candidate engagement scoring, text-to-apply, smart self-scheduling, and AI-powered chatbots are just a few of the many automated tools that are changing the face of modern recruiting.
3. Greater emphasis on internal mobility: When hiring conditions are tight, giving existing employees an opportunity to grow within your company is a win-win. Our most recent Recruiter Nation Report found that 40% of companies are making more internal hires since the pandemic began — yet nearly a third of workers (29%) say their employer doesn’t provide an easy way to apply for internal roles.
Don’t miss the opportunity to hold onto the top talent you already have. Jobvite offers internal mobility functionality to automatically recommend the best internal roles for an employee’s career path and create a VIP experience for internal candidates.
4. Better communication from start to finish: Delivering a great candidate experience is critical — especially when you’re trying to attract high-quality talent from a limited supply of job seekers. And the 2021 Job Seeker Nation Report found that employer communication is the most important factor in a positive candidate experience.
Nearly 70% of job seekers prefer texting for job-related communications, so automated messaging is a smart way to stay in touch with top candidates. With Jobvite’s Intelligent Messaging solution, you can use either text messages or chatbots to invite candidates to apply for a job, answer common questions, schedule interviews, share information, and more.
5. More demand for actionable analytics: Agility and efficiency are critical to recruiting success, which means that talent teams everywhere are working to drive better results with less effort — and fewer resources. But it’s difficult to know where to focus your efforts without deep, reliable analytics.
No matter how many tools are included in your HR tech stack, your data should tell a story, with reliable, real-time insights across the entire candidate experience. And with Jobvite’s Unify Advanced Analytics, it can. You can also take a look at our Recruitment Metrics Kit for actionable insights to improve your recruiting outcomes, ROI, and overall candidate experience.
The complete e-book includes additional details on each of these topics, plus five more trends to watch in 2022.
Are You Ready for the Year Ahead?
After the wild fluctuations and challenging conditions of the past several years, planning for the coming year may feel especially daunting. But Jobvite is here to help. Download Top 10 Recruiting Trends for 2022 for tips and insights to help you attract and engage top candidates — no matter what the future may hold.